Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 4.

I'm sitting here at the Hotel Room Sipping Coffee. I uploaded a few Random pics as you can see. Problem is we've taken so many cool pics and seen so many cool things.....it's all a little overwhelming. We need a little time to go through them I'm afraid.

Anyway...first three days were spent traveling and South Dakota. Started out with miles and miles of beautiful Prairie. Then you get to the south west portion of South Dakota...uh...wow!

Badlands, and Blacks Hills are way too cool. Went to Badlands twice we liked it so much and will post more pics if/when we get a chance to look through them better. Black Hills we went to Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Needles National Park, and Custers State Park (lots of wildlife). Absolutely beautiful. I think we could have spent the whole two weeks here.

Now we are slowly getting ready in Buffalo WY to head to to Yellowstone. We are kinda not looking forward to getting in the car...but really looking forward to Yellowstone.

Random Trip notes:
  • Lot's of bugs on I90...or there were. Most are on the windshield of the car right now.
  • There is a guy in South Dakota that likes to make sure everyone in the Hotel knows he's in the pool.
  • Not many minis out west here. We've seen 8 minis total. Lot's of people ask me about it...lot's of thumbs up and the answer to everyone's question is "about 25 mpg around town and 30 highway (avg 80-85 mph)..but it's pretty fast." and "yes it's very fun to drive".
  • We've seen 29 VW bugs. Since we are playing slug bug, and Crissy sees them first I just count the bruises.
  • Sturgis is not that cool during non-bike week.
  • Chrissy get's cranky when she's hungry.
  • Michigan isn't the only place that has giant and delicious portions.
  • Buffalo Ribs are awesome.
  • Lot's of antelope in SD and WY.
  • Geocachers are just as secretive in SD.
  • There is a creek named after Crissy in WY. Crazy Woman Creek.
  • Clouds on the horizon end up being mountains.
  • I'm still a beautiful man.

8 comments:

seesterLaura said...

Only 30 mpg?! Get those tons of bugs off there for better mileage! lol
So uh-I take it you have witnessed the transformation to a gremlin of my sister? LMAO! Feed her regularly dude!!! (And be careful of bright lights and food after midnight!) So was the creek name comparison before you fed her?
Geocachers secretive?-NO! I don't believe it!
You still beautiful? Well ok-maybe I can buy that-lol...SOOOO glad ya all are enjoying! Thanks for sharing! Waiting for the next segment in the saga...

Anonymous said...

Nope, no internet in Yellowstone. You can play Lego Star Wars instead. At least that's what I did.
Didya buy any crap at Wall Drug? That jackalope might get you a discount at Yellowstone.

Unknown said...

What the H is a geocacher??? I can't imagine Christine EVER being grouchy!! You're just overly sensitive Dave...being the beautiful and sensitive man that you are. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Chris

I know dont ask about the fluckinchunk name its mike's he is such a goob, he wanted something original, and I guess it does not get more original then that!

It sounds like you both are having soo much fun! I would love to be able to travel cross country without my children....without my husband too would be nice!! LOL!! I look every day at your blog and cannot wait to hear about your adventures!!!

Love ya
Shann :)

~May butterflys smile on yer nose and ants not crap on yer feet~

Anonymous said...

Where is August 20th snarky postings?!!? I'm getting withdrawls!!!!

California John said...

Gypsy Travelers,

I'm sure you two are enjoying Yellowstone. I only hope it's not getting too cold at night. I saw that Crazy Woman Creek too a few weeks ago only I thought it named after Heather. Worry not, you'll see lots of Minis and Beetles when you get to California. We are rather cool here. Is Sturgis ever cool? I'll ask about geocachers when you get here. And, I too, am still a beautiful man!

When do you plan on arriving at The Alger Ranch? I'm trying to get everything just so for Christina. The hot tub is bubbling at about 102 degrees and the figs and plums are nice and ripe. Please advise.

Uncle Captain America California John

California John said...

Oh David,

I forgot to tell you. The Dream is all spiffed up, full of gas, with two new helmets, so you can take the lovely Christina for a sunset cruise through the redwoods when you get here. If you're too tired, I'll be happy to take her. Always looking out for my people.

Uncle Cali John

semmons99 said...

Hope the vacation is a blast. With the new vacation policy implemented this coming Sunday you will be in negative vacation days for the remainder of the year.